Trip dates:July 26 - August 2
March 25, 2014 -- $300.00 deposit due
April 25, 2014 -- additional $300.00 due
May 23, 2014 -- additional $300 due
June 23, 2014 -- final $475.00 due (plus any additional charges for room upgrades) -- non-refundable after this date!
July 19, 2014 -- mandatory pre-trip class session!
July 26, 2014 -- leaving, on a jet plane . . .
August 2, 2014 -- return to Oklahoma :-(
Come Join Us!
2014 Study Away: Oregon Shakespeare Festival!
Now in its seventh (7th) year, the "Study Away: Shakespeare" trip is an event not to be missed. Come join your group leader and course instructor, Dr. John Mercer, for a week of Shakespearean fun that you will never forget (and get college credit to boot).
Sponsor: Northeastern State University's College of Libreal Arts & Department of Languages and Literature.
Term: Fall Intersession 2014 (between Summer and Fall terms).
Dates: Required pre-trip class session, Saturday, July 19, 2014 (NSU-BA campus). Trip to Oregon: Saturday, July 26, 2014, through Saturday, August 2, 2014.
Place: The Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon, surrounded by the spectacular beauty of the Cascade Mountains and the Rogue Valley.
Purpose: Study plays by Shakespeare and modern playwrights through exciting stage productions. Earn 3 hours undergraduate credit in English, Theatre, or Humanities, or 3 hours graduate credit in English.
- The Comedy of Errors
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona
- The Tempest
- Richard III
- The Cocoanuts
- The Great Society
- A Wrinkle in Time
Trip Costs: $1,375.00 (or $1,275 for students taking the course for credit) includes:
- Round-trip airfare between Tulsa and Medford, Oregon (deduct $685.00 from trip cost if you wish to arrange your own tranportation to Oregon).
- Ground transportation by van in Oregon, including day trip to Crater Lake National Park (deduct $135.00 from trip cost if you wish to provide all your own ground transportation in Oregon).
- Housing at Southern Oregon University (7 nights, double occupancy in dorm room with bath down the hall; add $140.00 for single occupancy in dorm room or for double occupancy in hotel-style room with private bath; add $350.00 for single occupancy in hotel-style room with private bath; to receive double occupancy rate, you must have a roommate; add $52.50 for 7 breakfasts).
- Tickets to all seven (7) plays, backstage tour, and two (2) discussions with actors.
Payments (payable to NSU Business Office cashier after you submit Study Away form to group leader):
- $300.00 deposit due March 25, 2014 (fully refundable if you cancel by May 23, 2014).
- $300.00 due April 25, 2014 (fully refundable if you cancel by May 23, 2014).
- $300.00 due May 23, 2014 ($50.00 cancellation penalty after this date).
- $475.00 + additional charges for room upgrades due by June 23, 2014 (nonrefundable after this date).
Tuition: Students may enroll for 3 hours of undergraduate or graduate credit. Tuition and fees are in addition to cost of trip. A limited number of non-students may go without enrolling for academic credit.
Scholarships: Several partial scholarships are available (see the tab for "Funding/Available Scholarships").